5.01.2017

An Illusionary piece for American Booksellers for Children

This is a new painting I created for American Booksellers for Children's annual gala auction.
It is painted in gold on a wood panel, so not very photogenic.  Looks much better in person, so to speak.
It is about the world of the imagination you enter when you read a book.
When you look at the piece at an angle you see only the girl and her book.

The painting is a tribute to Little Golden Books, which is celebrating its 75th Anniversary.  Those books had a big influence on me and my work.  Some of my childhood Golden Books are still in my possession.  Apparently when I was five I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up since on the title pages, I had crossed out the illustrator's name  (usually Garth Williams') and written my own.

This piece will be on sale later this month at the ABC auction during BookExpo America.




















No comments:

Birds

Birds

Mashed up Fairy Tales

Mashed up Fairy Tales
All artwork on this website is
© 1996-2016 Elizabeth Sayles (unless noted otherwise)
and is registered with the Library of Congress.
Any unauthorized usage including downloads, etc. is punishable by law.

Ask first if you would like to use something.